Saturday, July 17, 2010
Thanks to Char.
O.K. So the picture is tiny but that IS James Taylor and Carole King! At swim lessons Thursday, Char brought up that she was super excited because she was going to this concert that night. I had wanted to go but forgot about it. But after this superbly CRAPPY (no offense Char) week my poor husband had, I thought, why not see if there are any tickets left. Yup. So, on a whim, I picked up two tickets. Lucky we have such a great babysitter! Morgan came on short notice and I drove downtown to pick up my guy. We had a nice dinner and then walked over to the venue. Pretty soon into the evening we could feel our stress taking a break. This "whim" was just what we needed. And it didn't hurt that listening to James Taylor reminded Alan of our first, "real" dates (that is another story. short version=we wrote for 3yrs. before actually dating.) We used to drive around Long Island listening to tapes of James Taylor, among other artists Alan had barely heard of. This concert introduced Al to Carole King. He didn't think he knew any of her songs. But once you listen you know you've heard a billion of her songs! It was pretty fantastic hearing "Natural Woman" sung live! She's such a talent, that Carole King! So...thank you Char! Your off-handed mentioning of your plans helped lighten our stress load. We really needed that escape...if only for one night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
How sweet! Sounds like you guys had fun!
so glad you had fun! You guys BOTH definitely needed the break!!
Any time. Any time.
And I finally spotted you two towards the end of the concert. There was definitely some mushy snuggling going on.
So glad you got to go and have a little stress reliever!
Post a Comment