
These were used to make the fish sticks. Just wafer cookies. I slathered a thin layer of peanut butter (actually almond butter is all I had) and rolled them in crushed corn flakes. I should have crushed the flakes more.
The most realistic peas and carrots were made from Tootsie Rolls. I took the green and orange ones, softened them for 10 seconds in the nuke, and cut and rolled them into the proper shapes. It took longer than I'd planned to make just a few! But, they were so worth it and Max loved to eat them. Again, Lilly was suspect. She thought they looked too close to the real thing!
The drinks were Jello. I happened to only have green jello on hand (melon flavor.) I would have preferred red. I poured the jello into glasses and stuck a straw in there. They chilled over night. That was the only thing I "got" Max on!
You were all correct about the mini donuts. They were just multi-grain cheerios dipped in melted chocolate. I added fine sugar sprinkles to some. Jimmy's to another. I didn't have any of those tiny colored sprinkles. I think they would have looked the best. They are adorable. Why are teeny tiny things so darn cute?! (reference to Lil) I don't know why my pictures of the mini donuts turned out blurry. I guess they were too tiny! The "tartar sauce" was just cream cheese frosting with little bits of the green tootsie rolls cut up to somewhat resemble pickles. Lilly liked that the best! She ate it by the spoonfuls!
So, each of you had answers that were right or very close to right, anyway. So, I'm gonna put all 5 of you in a hat and....drumroll.....the winner is.....#3...Amy! I'll be sending you a gift! Just email me or facebook me, Amy, and we'll talk. Thanks to you all for playing! I'm realizing that having a small readership is a bonus for the winner of a contest but it sucks when you lose and you only have 5 other people competing! Thanks for playing, though!!! I love you!
6 comments:
that is awesome Wendy!
So CUTE!!!! Thanks for the tips, I'm totally going to steal them for next year.
I'm so sad I missed your contest! Those are adorable ideas. It's funny because I was just thinking "I wonder what Wendy did for April Fools" because I remember the cute things you did last year and I thought if I were as good of a mom I would do something cute too. But I didn't. Next year I'm going to try the cake. Too funny!
I'm going to try that next year... if I remember!
I'm so excited I won! I can't believe I won, with only getting the cheerios right! Yeah! I never win anything.
I want to be a child in your house growing up. You are such an awsome, fun mom!
Post a Comment