Wednesday, March 4, 2009

good mother


The other day I made chocolate chip cookies. They were REALLY good cookies. I just used the recipe on the back of the Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chip package. Normally I am a semi-sweet chip lover. I really liked these, though. My family LOVED these cookies. The next morning Max asked if he could have two cookies for breakfast instead of his usual oatmeal, egg, or frozen waffle (not much nutrition there). I hesitated (there were walnuts; nutritious) and then replied, "Sure. Cookies for breakfast on a school day. I can be a bad Mom today. Those cookies are delicious." Max said, with a condescending, but certain, 'don't be so dramatic' tone, "Mom...come on...there are Mom's that kill there kids. Come on." Point made. He keeps me in line.

7 comments:

Haley said...

I'm totally laughing out loud. Those must have been AWESOME cookies.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Max is so wise!

Dasdel said...

Thats hilarious :)
Boy does he know how to push your buttons!

Good Buy Consignment said...

Max amazes me - what a wit!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

He's got a point, you know.

Fries Family said...

Holy crap that's hilarious.

kelsey said...

Ha ha. That is so funny! Really puts it into perspective.