Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Washington DC

I cannot forget to post about our trip to Washington DC that took place over the summer. In July, before my big mission reunion (like a week before! I was a little stressed) Alan took Max and me on his business trip to DC. We left Lilly at home with my Mom. We were worried that Lilly would drive my Mom crazy--I mean, we were gone for a week! My Mom was totally willing but we were still concerned with Miss Lil since we know what she is capable of! (Thanks to Jen Paris, Lilly got a play date with her buddy Carter and my Mom got a good break during her week of Lilly.)
 Max loved the time away from his loving sister (tongue firmly implanted in cheek.) He needed a little one on one time with Mom and Dad. Since Alan was in meetings the majority of the time that left Max and I to investigate the city on our own. I have visited DC a handful of times but this was Max's first visit. He was a trooper, too. We warned him about all the walking and he had his moments but for the most part he was an amazing trip mate! Max and I went to almost every Smithsonian, the Spy Museum, and I think we rode nearly every subway route! We lingered in many an art museum. I adore visiting art museums with my son. He indulges my love of art museums and even plays along with my desire to ask his opinion like 500 times. When Dad was free he swam and swam with Max, went to the Air & Space Museum, and then swam some more. We did have one whole day with Dad. We went to the National Zoo that day, Serendipity for dinner, Arlington Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, all of the war memorials, etc...etc.. Busy day!
This trip was fantastic! Lots of great memories were made and I am SO glad we did it! And when we got home we only heard nice things about Lilly from her Grandma. My Mom said she loved almost every second of her bonding time with Miss Lil. A success all around!


I'm not sure what this pose was all about. Perhaps his commentary on his Mother asking to take another picture of him in front of another piece of art at yet another art museum?
A "book" made entirely of pins.

First place we visited...we made sure since Lee insisted we go here!
We did a LOT of walking to get here!

Ford Theater

Inspiring
At the Natural History Museum.

Waiting in line at DC Cupcakes. The wait was only about 20 minutes. The cupcakes were just so-so. Sprinkles Cupcakes are MUCH more worth the wait!

No comments: