Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Holla!

I have to write this down so I won't forget it. However, this is probably one of those things that you had to be there. For some weird reason I was saying the word "Holla!" a lot that day. I don't remember what I was thinking...that is not in my vocabulary generally...but this day I was way overusing it. The kids would tell me something they did that day and I would respond "Holla!" Anyway, it had happened enough that finally Max said, "Mom, what does that even mean? Holla? What is that?" And Alan, without skipping a beat and with the straightest Fatherly face said, "It's like "whatwhat" or "pop pop." It still makes me break into giggles just remembering how serious he was in responding to Max's question. And he just left it at that. I burst into laughter. Tears were rolling. I got a side ache from laughing. Max, of course, was even more confused. Alan was laughing, too. Poor kids. They weren't in on the joke but Alan and I couldn't compose ourselves. Does that ever happen to you? Do you feel bad that sometimes the kids are part of the joke but you just can't help it? They can show this blog post to their therapists someday. It should help.

No comments: