Thursday, June 2, 2011

So it's official!

For the past year or so Alan and I have been trying to move. Alan's job has been super duper stressful and he needed a change. We were flexible about moving out of state, across the valley, or staying put...as long as he could find a less stressful job or a job that paid him equal to the stress he was taking on. Being the Director of Services for People with Disabilities has been rewarding but full of stress and pressure. "Working" with the legislature has been mind-numbingly difficult. BUT, Alan has loved his employees, staff, and the people he serves. He will miss them and was torn about leaving them. Alan has kept his eyes open for another position but wasn't heavily searching. This new job fell in his lap. His new boss didn't even know Al was looking! This is someone that Alan has worked with through government ties and he just happened to email Alan asking if he'd consider taking this job. It's less stressful and pays more! Win! The minute Alan accepted the job I could see a light come back into his eyes. I saw tension leave his body! I knew this was a good move. I'm so happy for Al! I'm relieved he was given this opportunity. Such an answer to prayers! We feel blessed. We are so grateful. So we will be staying in Utah and Alan will be the director of AARP in Utah. He is thrilled! I couldn't ask for more!

2 comments:

Barbie said...

It's june 2nd. I believe you. Congrats!

Kristine Robinson said...

So glad it all worked out. I have learned through my latest move I have to be careful what I pray for!! Does that mean you are not selling??