When I was 24 years old I started nannying for two little girls. This was shortly after Alan and I married. I worked for this wonderful family for 2 1/2 years; from the time Kirby was 16 months and Carley was 6. Last night, Carley was married to her long time love, Jerry. He's a cutie! But it is so weird to wrap my brain around these girls being old enough to get married! It was a lovely night at Log Haven up Mill Creek canyon. It's always fun to see Paige and Steve (the girl's parents) and their extended family members. We always feel so warmly embraced...so much a part of the family. It's a cherished relationship we have with this sweet, generous, lovely family. We love you all!
 |
| Kirby and me, Mimi (Kirby couldn't say 'Wendy' so I'm still known as 'Mimi.') This former 16 month old just finished her first year of college! Boy, time flies! |
 |
| The beautiful bride! I love you Carley! |
 |
| My camera sucks. Kirby and Paige gave beautiful toasts. Steve was his usual charming self. |
 |
| The happy couple listening to Kirby's speech. |
 |
| It was a yummy cream and gold cake. Red Velvet or Lemon poppyseed, depending on the layer. Yum. |
 |
| L-R: Kirby, Carley, Steven, Paige, Mimi, Alan |
 |
| Isn't this a cool caddy? Steve rented that to whisk his daughter and her new husband off to their hotel for the evening. Next day Hawaii! |
 |
| Seriously cool car. |
No comments:
Post a Comment