Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A dream fulfilled.

For as long as I can remember, Lilly has wanted to ride on a school bus. Her eyes get big and she sits up a little in her car seat whenever she sees a bus go by. She loves them all. Yellow, white, blue...the ones with the white on top, yellow on the bottom are her favorite. I've mentioned this love before on my blog. Jen, my dear friend, was listening. She talked to her son's bus driver, Wendy. She arranged for Lilly to get a ride around the block. Isn't that great?! What a nice friend!
Lilly and Carter waiting for the bus. Lilly just spotted the bus when I took the picture.

Lilly was excited! She went to bed a little earlier knowing what waited for her in the morning. Of course I had to wake her up. She normally sleeps in til 9:00 but we had to catch the bus at 8:40. Waking her wasn't a problem. I barely tapped her and she was up, ready for her ride.
Here comes the bus!

I was told that Froggy was feeling sick this morning but he still really wanted to come along for a ride on the bus.

The ride was about 5 minutes long. Bumpy, on our icy side roads. Lilly thought the ride was going too fast...she was a little nervous. I assured her this bus ride was slow. Her dream was fulfilled. When it was over, and we were driving back home, I asked, "Well, you did it! How did you like it?" She replied, "Yep. I did it. Now I just need to ride an all gold bus. That's next." She barely allowed her self time to linger in her dream moment! On to the next goal. An all gold bus. I bet Liberace had one of those. I'll look into it.
Still wearing her frog pj's, Miss Lil disembarks from her dream ride.
Thank you, Jen! You are the best!!!

7 comments:

Jen Paris said...

mmmwwwwaaaaa (kiss)! you are quick! this is a really cute post. I'm glad it happened. it was fun. love you too!

jenpetersen said...

that's too cute. Ahhh-to have such simple wishes and desires!

Jami said...

too cute!

Amy C said...

Oh I love it!

Meachamania said...

I'm lovin it too... that sweet girl!!

Meachamania said...

I'm lovin it too... that sweet girl!!

Meg said...

Awww that is so cute!! I'm sad my kids don't get to ride a bus to school. It's such a classic childhood thing to do! I'm glad Froggy got to ride. LOL Too cute!!

And Jen is such a good friend isn't she?!?