
Little Lilly has new pink cowboy boots. She wants to wear them all the time...including with her footed pajamas. She does look cute in them. She loves the way the click clack on the kitchen floor. They are a half size too big, though. She can swing her leg and flip them off. They have hit me a number of times. She also has orange, wooden clogs. They look adorable on her. Those also make a satisfying noise on the tile floor. Two days ago, at a friends birthday party, Lilly kicked me hard, in the face, with those wooden clogs. It was an accident but I wanted to cry. Tears came but I tried to stay composed. My lip was swelling fast but an ice pack came to the quick rescue.


Lilly also has her button shoes. Favorites that are now too tight. Her "shiny" shoes that "hurt" now. Her pink, plastic shoes that stopped fitting long ago...but, she keeps trying to get them on. She got a pair of play shoes for her birthday. They look completely dangerous for her to walk in. So, she runs in them.


I had no idea how interested in shoes a little girl could be. She notices strangers shoes. Bows, colors, fanciness, etc... I shutter to think what we are in for.
8 comments:
A half size too big is perfect if you're going to cram footie pajamas into them!
And 2 quick shoes stories:
My sister and I had a yardsale when Macy was like 3 or 4. I sold all her old clothes and shoes. There were 40 pairs sized 5 and under. Someone asked me how many daughters I had.
And now I give Macy's old clothes and shoes to a friend who has a daughter one year younger. Last time I gave her a box she called and said "Do you have any idea how many pairs of shoes are in there?" 17.
thats too funny. Brielle is totally a shoe girl, she is constantly changing shoes and is VERY particular about which pair of shoes she wears. For Christmas last year we got her a box of princess dress up shoes and lately that is all she wants to wear, we have a "discussion" about it each time we are ready to leave the house that princess shoes really should be just worn at home! ha kids are so funny!!!
Oh my gosh...Lilly is so stinkin' cute and I NEED a little girl!!! :)
I love that Lexi has been the proud recipent of some of Lilly's shoes. I never knew how much she loved shoes until she had more than two pairs to choose from.
Glad you're ok from the kick in the face. With cowboy boots too? OUCH.
I'm impressed you were able to stay composed after being kick in the face :(
I think I would have lost it!
I think you should get her some moccasins :)
Cowboy boots are the most awesome of all boots in the boot family. You go, Lilly!
Wow, those are some cute shoes! Little girly clothes and shoes are so much fun!
She is starting pretty early - truth be told though, shoes are a girls best friend (not diamonds).
Post a Comment