





This is my VERY FAVORITE time of year. I miss my beloved New England immensly right now. The cool, crisp air. The apple orchard visits (we really did this, often, in Connecticut!) The beautiful fall colors. Oh, I LOVE it! We went to the state fair this weekend. We tried the deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich slathered in powdered sugar and chocolate sauce. ONE split between four people is NOT too bad. The kids loved the animals. (Notice, in the picture of Max with the pigs, the piggies are hugging as they sleep.) We dragged Max through the crafts...not his favorite. He doesn't mind the art exhibits. He begged and begged to go on a ride. We told him over and over of our dislike of fair rides as they are not tightly regulated. He didn't seem to understand. KIDS! We did allow him to try the bungy-jumpy-thingy and he loved it.
I took a picture of the CREEPIEST doll. It was submitted to the hand-made items. Believe it or not, it did not get a ribbon. There really should be a "Scariest Friggin' Submission" (I Utahized that since it IS the Utah State Fair.)
I haven't figured out how to post pictures within text, otherwise, I would have warned you before you just happened upon this scary picture. F.Y.I. The dolls hair is human hair. I know.
7 comments:
Thanks a lot for the nightmares. That thing is CREEPY.
Hey Wendy I was blog stalking & found your blog from Jamies. It is nice to see what your family has been up to. We are loving fall in Chicago. The weather is a cool 65 degrees & the leaves are just now starting to change. We are going to try & go apple picking in a couple of weeks. We are so excited because we have never done it before. And that is the scariest doll I have ever seen, & the fact that it has human hair is just gross!!
I am laughing...out loud. The doll took all the attention on that post. I can't even remember what else you said, or how cute your kids may or may not have looked.
I was so glad to read and find out that it was a doll and not Lily- when I first saw the picture I thought- what was wrong with her???? Now upon close examination I see it isn't her at all and what a RELIEF!!!
Yes, that is a very creepy doll! You were brave enough to try those pb&j deep fried things? I saw a commercial for that and I almost got sick watching him make them. Very interesting. Sounds like fun!
I was hoping to be able to go back to sleep, but not sure after this post.
I don't know if you will see this post, but I randomly was googling about deep-fried pb&j, and your blog was one of the first listings that came up. The names on your blog looked familier, so, of course, I clicked on it, and saw that it really was you from our old ward. Your blog is a lot of fun! I hope you don't mind my taking a peek.
Post a Comment