Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lilly vs. the Tooth Fairy


 Lilly had a tooth coming in behind a firmly attached baby tooth. That little tooth had to come out. We headed to the dentist. I had my doubts. Lilly has never complied when it comes to the dentist. She is afraid of the chair. Refuses to open her mouth and she never lets them touch her teeth. But, I was so impressed with her bravery. That tooth must have hurt enough to get her in that chair! In the end, the dentist put her little tooth into a slightly bigger plastic tooth hanging from a necklace. Max excitedly explained that she could get money putting her tooth under her pillow. Lilly would have none of it. She didn't want some strange fairy entering her room while she was asleep. So, no tooth fairy for Lilly.
The dentist, patiently explaining what the procedure would be.

Lilly hopped down explaining that she wouldn't go along with the plan.

Finally, she agreed to get in the chair. Just getting in the chair was a major victory...Butterboy, her beloved doggie, was very helpful!

I can't believe she opened her mouth this wide. She has NEVER opened her mouth for a Dentist...EVER!

She was so brave. She refused the laughing gas. She went with the needles filled with numbing stuff. Then she held so still for the Dentist to wiggle the tooth out.

When it's all over the tears finally flowed. But that toothless girl sure looked adorable, still.
Real tears...weeping and wailing.

But she wanted me to make sure I got a photo of the final missing tooth hole for all to see the evidence of what she had just gone through.

2 comments:

Jen Paris said...

LOVE this post! Love that cute Lilly! We can't wait to see you guys!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lilly, you are so BRAVE! That was amazing that you got in that big chair and opened your mouth so wide! I have never seen anyone open their mouth that wide! When I come to your house, I am going to give you a great big hug and tell you how proud I am of you. And you can show me the hole where your tooth was and tell me all about it.