Monday, July 2, 2012

7 Ducklings


I tried to get a photo of all 7 ducklings...for days! I could never get them all together. We watched them climb upon our porch every day for breakfast, following their Mama so closely, in that perfect little line. Then one day...only 6 ducklings. We were all a little sad. We have had so much fun listening to their Mama quack instructions of how to navigate the creek, teaching them how to climb the rocks to our duck food. It makes my kids smile to hear the telling "Quack" of the Mother Duck...it makes them feel at home.

3 comments:

Jen Paris said...

Cute!!!!
So...the craziest thing happened this morning...I got online and bought airline tickets for my fam to fly to Utah TOMORROW!! :) You guys around for the 4th? We want to come see you. Carter has really been missing Lil. Every day he says he wants to make her something. So, today he did. It's made out of paper plates and duct tape (such a boy!) but it is in the suitcase so we must deliver it!
Love you! Hope to see you SOON!

Jen Paris said...

oh, and although this IS a Cute(!!!) post, how SAD about that 7th duckling. :( Have they been venturing far? I wonder what happened.

Jami said...

so cute, but sad about the 7th little duckie. How fun it will be to see them grow :)