Yesterday, while driving to a friends birthday party, (hello Dave--happy 40!) Max was questioning what creepy crawlies would be top on the list of food if one was ever stranded. Worms were mentioned. Spiders were scoffed at. Etc... Then came this little conversation...
Max: "Could you eat maggots?"
Us: "Ew! You wouldn't want to!"
Max: "Because you don't know where they've been?"
Me: "Yes. That is the reason we wouldn't eat maggots. We don't know where they've been."
(I'm too sarcastic to be a Mother, huh?)
Max: "You know what I mean, right?"
Me: "Yes. You are asking if we would eat "cupcake maggots" but not "intestine maggots?"
Max: "Yes. So we just steer clear because we don't know where they've been, right?"
Sarcasm suppression is hard.
I wish I could write down every funny thing Max has ever said. He is so smart and fun to talk to. Our friends were reminding us of a game Max liked to play when he was about 5 or 6. It was his version of "Would you rather...?" He would ask, "Would you rather eat a thousand snakes OR fall off a cliff?" Every question was like this. "Would you rather....OR fall off a cliff?" Falling off that darn cliff was the only alternative. Ever. Alan got to play this game ALL the way down to St. George when he took Max with him on a business trip. Max doesn't stop talking when given the opportunity. Funny...Alan wanted to jump of a cliff by the end of that trip!
2 comments:
We used to play this in a cafe I worked in and the "or ..." alternative was always, "... or drink the juice feta cheese comes packed in." Sick.
LOL Max is hilarious. So are you, Wendy!
Post a Comment