I didn't get my camera out until everyone in my family was getting ready to leave. I missed pictures of the spread...which is probably fine since we don't want people thinking we actually eat
that much food! This year it was my family (we rotate.) We always host and it worked out that everyone of my siblings made it! It was fun to spend time with them. Lilly was in an especially 'huggy' mood. Everyone loved that since she is not usually like that with anyone but Mom and Dad (and much to Max's dismay--him.) The turkey was delicious, the stuffing was yummy (but the recipe seriously made 12 lbs! We have a lot of stuffing left!) The home made rolls were delicious as always. I made nearly every bit of everything. That is the first time I've ever done it all. The mashed potatoes, the sweet potato casserole, the cranberry relish, the brined turkey, the stuffing, the homemade rolls...boy! I really outdid myself! Later, Alan's Mom and Dad and his brother, Dean's family, came over for dessert. Al's Mom brought 3--count 'em--THREE coconut cream pies (I didn't know she was bringing any desserts!) I made a cranberry, pecan pie and my sister made 'girdle buster'. Along with the pumpkin pie from Costco, we were set for desserts! Luckily, there is no photo evidence of the gluttony!
 |
| My Mom and my niece, Mabel. |
 |
| My younger sister, Estee. |
 |
| Lilly, high-fiveing Grandma Barbara. |
 |
| Finally giving Grandma Sally a hug! |
 |
| Hugging Grandpa Graeme. |
 |
| Cute girls, Mabel and Lilly. |
 |
| Loving Auntie Carrie. In fact, you couldn't pry Lilly off her! Carrie loved it! |
 |
| Sweet little Lucy, Mabel's sister. |
 |
| Mabel, trying to grab the plate of pies my brother Bob was taking home. |
I missed getting pictures of littlest sister, Shalee, with her cute, pregnant belly, her husband, Brian, and their girl Tilly. But they were there. Miss Tilly probably changed into 22 princess costumes during the festivities!
The only low-light of the day? Our pipes froze. Funny enough, only on one side of our house. Our master bedroom, and laundry. Alan is great, on these cold winter nights, about leaving cabinet doors open and running small trickles of water out of the faucets. The only room he never thought of doing that was ours! We are worried about a burst but right now everything looks good. Still not working though. It's just another stress we have added to a lot of personal stresses lately. This too shall pass...or burst and cause a mountain of damage. It was a blessing that we had hot water on the kitchen side of the house and could still take hot showers in two other bathrooms. Can't complain!
Now we are off to my Grandma's 90th birthday celebration in Springville. My Grandma is still so spry and healthy. She's sharp as a tack and adorable! Can't wait to celebrate with my 35 cousins and my Grandma's (almost) 76 Great-Grandchildren!
1 comment:
Thanks for having us over! The food was really yummy! I forgot to take my camera out too, but also got a cute picture of Lilly hugging Mabel.
Post a Comment