

If you don't have a little girl you probably haven't heard of Lelli Kelly's. They are $70 shoes that you can purchase at Nordstrom. You can also search for them at Nordstrom Rack for $30. I decided to make some for Lilly. Who buys $70 shoes that will be grown out of in a few months? The only rules with Lelli Kelly's is that there are no rules. Most Lelli Kelly's have small beads and some have fabric flowers. Sequins are usually a must. I opted to just do the gems. When I looked at the Rack with Lilly she favored the "diamonds". You can add glitter (most real Lelli's do have glitter and writing). I just picked up a pair of canvas mary-janes on the clearance rack at Target (yes. real Lelli's are canvas) Then I bought a package of variety stick on gems. I used E-6000 to adhere the gems. I used a bunch of toothpicks to help in the effort. Then I let them dry for a day before Lilly could wear them. Wah-lah. And all for about $10. :) They don't look exactly like the real deal BUT Lilly LOVES them!
3 comments:
SO CUTE! And I know how Lil loves her shoes...I bet she's in heaven!
Those turned out so cute! That would even be a fun project to let the my girls help with... they would LOVE it!
Oh fun! Such a fashion statement for a toddler :) I bet they are her favorites (at least for a few days)
Now where is your pair? Mother daughter matching shoes would be too cute! :)
Post a Comment