
So, I am sort of addicted to Facebook. One of the reasons I like it so well is that, for a person that moved around a ton growing up, I can find people that meant a lot to me through the years, but have lost track of them. I have reconnected with so many friends! I have searched for years for my friend Jen. (I know what some of you are thinking..."Don't you already have too many friends named Jen?") I searched every trail I thought I could. I had even tried Facebook. Finally, this week, I put in her name as 'Jen' and not 'Jennifer'. Bingo. I found my long lost friend Jenni! We were ecstatic as we reconnected after 20 years! Guess what...it is crazy...we both have two kids, a boy and a girl, around the same ages...and they are also adopted and black. What are the odds??? We are grinning at this serendipitous coincidence!
I would highly recommend this. (Facebook...not the adoption thingy...wait, I would recommend that too)It takes me back so many years and I feel a little younger finding these long lost, dear friends.
3 comments:
Man, everyone has Facebook! I'm not sure that I want to be friends with my step mom, though, and I know I don't have the nerve to reject her (like my brother did). So, I've been staying away.
Wendy, how incredible is that?? Aaawwww~~ great find and great story!
Way cool!!
Post a Comment